|Stock Controller |
As a Stock Controller your role will see you take charge of the day to day management of stock in the Warehouse. In the position of Stock Controller you will be responsible for ensuring stock accuracy service level within the Company.
The Stock Controller will be required to collaborate and liaise with all branches in maintaining stock levels. You will provide organisational and stock control support and will be reporting to Company Directors and the Warehouse Manager.
Familiarisation and General Duties:
- Familiarisation of all stock including dry and frozen goods
- Familiarisation with current systems and procedures including:
- Incoming and outgoing goods
- Stock allocations
- Ordering from suppliers and storage companies
- Distribution of stock between depots and storage companies
- Identification of goods
- Develop good relationship with the warehouse, transport and store management to promote stock integrity
- Ensure all stock is rotated to be sold according to best before date
- To organize, execute and reconcile the quarterly stock takes
- Perform stock counts, adjustments and stock reconciliation as appropriate
- To ensure the timely and efficient resolution of all stock anomalies for all stock at all depots and storage companies
- Investigating and correcting stock discrepancies
- The effective maintenance of stock management system to ensure physical stock accuracy is maintained
- Compliance with stock audit requirements
- Maintaining the Company’s procedures and systems
- Monitoring stock performance
- Provide weekly report on stock availability and service performance level
- To review and resolve stock transactions between stores and the warehouse
The ideal candidate would have experience in managing a small team, be familiar with handling large quantities of small items, have a proven track record in organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy within a very fast paced wholesale/retail environment. Your aim will be to maximize stock control efficiencies, have the Company’s stock knowledge using all available resources to meet customer service levels.
It would be an advantage if you have previous experience of effective warehousing and stock control, have excellent communication skills, good computer literacy and a high level of numeracy. Your approach to work will be logical, methodical and accurate.
Salary: Negotiable, please detail your salary expectations on application.
Applications should be made by sending a CV and covering letter to email@example.com